Nobody Cares

Nobody Cares

Postby Jimmy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Is there any way you could make a noise of crickets chirping every time i come on here? Just to give a comical sonic atmosphere of complete inactivity.
Jimmy

Re: Nobody Cares

Postby CAP » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:21 pm

No, you'll just have to imagine them Jimmy. :twisted:

But you're right, this is pretty much a ghost town. :cry:
CAP

Postby jasperjoffe » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:54 pm

It's a beautiful ruin filled with interesting things. And google.sees all
jasperjoffe
Site Admin

Postby CAP » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:36 am

It's true about Google.

Take for instance my WWR review of Jules de Balincourt - it comes in third on a Google search of 'Jules de Balincourt review' (pretty impressive for a well-known figure like Balincourt) - indicating prominent traffic - although our own measure for hits or views on that post is actually quite modest.

You'd think it would be the other way round - WWR overestimating it's prominence and Google scarcely noticing it, but it just goes to show they're actually counting different things or under different formulae.

The WWR review of Terry Myer's Painting does even better - coming in at top of a Google search. But that's probably because Myer is not such a well-known topic. But there WWR's stats does suggest it was a heavily viewed post.

So yeah, you can hear the crickets, but you can't see the binoculars. ;)
CAP

Postby jasperjoffe » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:51 am

Like that line about binoculars. And I guess most artists are self googlers so helpfully wwr is contributing to their learning curve. So let's keep crying in the wilderness!
jasperjoffe
Site Admin

Postby CAP » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Also, our Myers review beats Brooklyn Rail's in the Google listing - so Booyah! My little Brookelynos. :D
CAP

Postby CAP » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:33 am

And even the review of My Name Is Charles Saatchi and I Am an Artoholic makes the second page of a Google search for reviews of said title, which is pretty amazing given the amount of PR the book generated. I mean our post has supposedly only had around 80 views or something... :shock:
CAP

Return to Worldwidereview goes forum, what do you think?