The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou by wes anderson

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou by wes anderson

Postby jasperjoffe » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:28 am

One of my fave films of the last decade, a million times better than other wessy films. It is beguiling, entertaining, beautiful, and moving. With lovely detail.
jasperjoffe
Site Admin

Re: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou by wes anderson

Postby CAP » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:01 pm

I love it too. But I also love the earlier ones like The Royal Tannenbaums. What's happened to Wes? Maybe he should team up with Charlie Kaufman? The thing with the Noah guy I don't think was doing either of them any good.
CAP

Postby jasperjoffe » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:23 am

fantastic (not) fox was awful and the one about indian train was terrible too. perhaps he's gone woodyallen
jasperjoffe
Site Admin

Re: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou by Wes Anderson

Postby CAP » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Agreed The Fox one was a mistake. Not really for children, not really for adults (apart from Wes and familiars). Not really.

Maybe he's having trouble financing new projects after a couple of duds. They can't be cheap movies to make, with all the SFX. Like Woody, he can probably get any cast he wants, even working for mini-fees. Will he ever get back together with Owen Wilson? Probably not. I think Life Aquatic was about their split (the Owen character, significently, killed off). But without that identification with the lead character, his artistic compass seems to be in a bit of a spin. I'd like to see him do something with more of a satirical edge to it. Would have been great to see what he could have done with that Greenberg film (Ben Stiller? - I forget who did direct it - surely some chemistry there).

:shock:
CAP

Postby TheRebel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:11 pm

Every film Wes Anderson has made has had a brilliant soundtrack. I love all the Bowie cover versions you hear in "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou". Bill Murray is as great as ever. When Bill dies there will be a day of mourning across the whole world.
TheRebel

Postby CAP » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:46 am

Yes and when Bowie dies another day of mourning - maybe they'll die on the same day! - If so I'll take two days off. :cry:
CAP

Return to Movies