TIPPINGPOINT INDIA

TIPPINGPOINT INDIA

Postby Surabhi Trivedi » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:29 am

KHOJ International Artists’ Association is collaborating with TippingPoint UK
and British Council to present TippingPoint India on 11th and 12th November 2011
in Bengaluru where 30 artists across disciplines and 30 scientists from key scientific
institutions across India and abroad will gather to explore the boundary between
artistic and cultural life and the extraordinary challenge of our changing planet.

In recent years our understanding and awareness of climate change has increased
greatly. However, a disparity persists between scientific knowledge and concern on
the one hand and understanding and action by wider society on the other.

The event promises to provide a stimulating spring board from which artist/scientist
collaborations can begin their journey to fruition to create new work that will reach
across India and beyond.

TippingPoint, a ground breaking British organisation has held a series of similar
invitation-only, 2-day gatherings which place artists and scientists in collaborative
conversation, aiming to enrich both scientific and creative practice through dialogue
and debate. Events have taken place in New York, Sydney, Cape Town, Brussels,
Oslo, Potsdam and Oxford. TippingPoint events provide a rare opportunity to step
outside day-to-day work and engage with innovative peers from across many
disciplines.

Previous attendees have said:

It was one of the most important exercises I’ve ever taken part in…timely,
imaginatively set up, and profoundly necessary.

Philip Pullman, Author

Brilliant – the most ‘academic fun’ I have had in a very long time. The space given
to discussion was excellent…and every conversation I had was new and exciting.

Professor Mark Maslin, Director, University College London Environment Institute
Surabhi Trivedi

Return to Art press releases