Latitude 28 Presents ‘The Annual’ and Seema Kholi’s Jewelle

Latitude 28 Presents ‘The Annual’ and Seema Kholi’s Jewelle

Postby sayantini » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:50 am

New Delhi: Bhavna Kakar, Director, Latitude 28, presents “The Annual” – a group show of artworks by renowned Indian contemporary artists like Arpana Caur, Anupam Sud, Abir Karmakar, Anjaneyulu G, Bose Krishnamachari, Baiju Parthan, G R. Iranna, George Martin, Jogen Chowdhury, Jaysree Burman, Prajakta Palav, Paresh Maity, Rajesh Ram, Prajjwal Choudhury and Seema Kohli. The show will also witness the launch of semi-precious jewellery by Seema Kohli that incorporates her artwork as well. The artist has created special works in a small size that can be enjoyed in a functional and wearable style. The art show and semi-precious jewellery can be seen at Latitude 28, F 208, Lado Sarai, New Delhi from March 25 till April 15, 2011.
Says Bhavna Kakar: “It’s been a very eventful journey for Latitude 28 this last year. From showing at Art Stage Singapore and India Art Summit to launching dynamic young artists like Nandita Kumar, Kazi Nasir and Sujith S.N, the gallery has moved from strength to strength. Latitude 28 has always believed in thinking out-of-the-box and promoting new talent. The group show on how artists across the globe perceive the feminist connotation of the contraceptive pill, which was curated by Avni Doshi, was the other highlight this year. With this anniversary exhibition, we hope to show senior artists along with our gallery artists to provide an entire spectrum to the viewers. I am also very happy that an established artist like Seema Kohli has specially created small-size art to befit jewellery that will be launched during the show.”
Seema Kohli’s stunning hand-painted art neckpieces have stylishly been put together by Kanchan Khubchandani. This talented Mumbai-based jewellery designer is quickly gaining popularity for her classy and individualistic neck pieces which distinguish the wearer with panache! Kanchan says, "How could I say no to a fabulous opportunity to enhance exquisite pieces of art by one of my favourite artists ------ what can be more fulfilling than carrying a piece of art with you wherever you go?”
According to Seema Kohli: "Working on such a small format for jewellery was a challenge in itself, I would have never worked on such a miniature format with the same texturing of my canvas with silver and gold layering as I do in my bigger canvases. It was like pushing my boundaries a little yet more...to see my painting transformed by design was a sheer pleasure.”
sayantini

Return to Art press releases