mark leckey at de la warr pavilion bexhill

Contemporary and Old Art Reviews

mark leckey at de la warr pavilion bexhill

Postby ars reviews » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:06 pm

"The Universal Addressability of Dumb Things
Curated by Mark Leckey

Turner Prize-winning artist Mark Leckey has curated an exhibition that explores the magical world of new technology, as well as tracing its connections to the beliefs of our distant past."
http://www.dlwp.com/event/mark-leckey

Ok a whole load of crap self indulgently assembled in a run down seaside town filled with geriatrics and teenagers, the fleshy middle having been excised. Really must the sneering metropolitans and their minion curators put on these shows in the provinces. Ok provoke the retirees in their soft pad shoes, but this is not even skewering the bourgeoisie, it's just a youtube video, a tape player, and a vase with the wall painted red. There are far too many pseudo-anthropol shows around these days, put something attempting to be beautiful or intelligent in these dying towns' monuments.
ars reviews

Re: mark leckey at de la warr pavilion bexhill

Postby leckey » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:57 am

Thanks for the pithy review. I feel like you really got to the meat of the show - essentially a kind of dead-hand irony for me and my minion curator chums to snigger about. I often wonder if any one really pays attention at these backwater gigs but obviously you were! Leave your name and I'll let you know about my next half-arsed attempt at keeping you entertained.

Cheers
Mark.
leckey

Postby nick serosis » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Thanks already on your mailing list. It takes a big man to listen to critics.
Nick s
nick serosis

Postby Bexhill Rocks » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Love is in the air...
Bexhill Rocks

Return to Art Reviews