perfect burger

perfect burger

Postby fatz » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:11 pm

Chop a marbled rump steak finely. Season. Form patty.Fry in butter. Cheddar slice melted. Serve on sliced brioche with your condiment choice. Mine ketchup mayonnaise mustard onion lettuce chilli
fatz

Re: perfect burger

Postby CAP » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:23 am

Primitive. :geek:
CAP

Postby Jim » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:13 am

Brioche?!
Jim

Postby CAP » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:16 pm

Gauche.

For starters, what is going to hold this patty of finely chopped (minced?) steak together? You might press it firmly together with your hands, but once in a pan or on a grill, under heat it will just fall apart without a binder of say, beaten egg. Then it will only have the consistency of a stone or fresh turd, even if cohering, will prove all but indigestible. You're going to need some air in there! You could try breadcrumbs (the coarser the better) or more radically, crushed soup noodles (will give it an exciting crunch). And once we accept that the burger is not just a booger, you might try adding parsely! finely diced onion... Think about supplementing with a rasher of crispy bacon! Think about some greenery - lettuce or green capsicum will give it some bounce.

Okay now we can think about an accompanyinmg bread vehicle... 8-)
CAP

Postby fatz » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:06 pm

You're wrong. If the steak is marbled you get a juicy exceptional burger. It holds. Fry in pan with butter
fatz

Postby Jim » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:51 pm

for bread, I'd slice some ciabatta length ways, put a little bit of olive oil on it and put it face down in the griddle pan the meat was just done in. I think.
Actually, it might be a bit tough for a burger but its great for a steak sarnie.
Jim

Postby Jim » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:56 am

Actually, regular burger buns are fine and for stuff on top i'm keeping it simple... ketchup and grilled onion. In Australia a fried egg on top is very popular i have heard. They call it a 'spider'.
Jim

Return to Food and general consumption