horse

horse

Postby jasperjoffe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:35 pm

I mean I dont want to eat horses, but it's all meat meet once it's in the sausage, so hardly that shocking.
jasperjoffe
Site Admin

Re: horse

Postby CAP » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:10 am

All this talk of food and following your remarks on the Manet Show (re: asparagus tips) I'm prompted to ask have you ever thought of painting still lives, yourself, JJ?

Your attention to quality (or not) nosh suggests food and painting may be a good match for you? :)
CAP

Postby jasperjoffe » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:05 pm

I like food.I did paint giant still lives at the rca which.my diminutive tutor described as small beer writ large. They were of more luxurious items like.lobster.
jasperjoffe
Site Admin

Postby CAP » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Maybe you should think about the range of foods reviewed here? I don't know about scale.

Could make for a break from figures...? :)
CAP

Postby CAP » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:48 am

Yes I just watched the RCA video (99-8?) and saw Crowley on his rounds. Actually back in the 80s Graham used to work pretty large himself but they were kind of obsessive visions of urban life (lotsa glazing!) - a bit like New Glasgow School stuff in feel, which was also around at that time. He was like a more dithering Steven Campbell. :ugeek:
CAP

Postby Jiminy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:14 pm

"Small beer writ large, if you don't mind me mixing my metaphors", if i remember correctly.
The tv show producers certainly singled you out as the villan of the program JJ, which is unfair, but i suppose they had a show to make and i guess you volunteered? Can i ask, did you regret taking part?
FYI, i was a student at the RCA when the shows aired (just after you left) and John Stezeaker defended your character during a lecture saying you were a really nice bloke "despite the tv show attempting to turn you in to a national hate figure". And he's great, so there you go.
On the suject of Graham Crowley's taste for the small.... the paintings i brought along for my interview were small and he liked them for it....... and then more recently, when he was a judge for the John Moore's he said he stayed away from picking anyting large, he didn't want anyting that might hang in a corporate lobby he said, which I thought that was bullshit.
I liked him though.
Jiminy

Postby jasperjoffe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:17 pm

No regrets, an amusing time capsule of idealism, arrogance, and different glasses frames. Quite accurate really.
jasperjoffe
Site Admin

Postby CAP » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:57 pm

You do come across as the only one with any kind of 'tude, sadly.
But what struck me as funny is a couple of female students who end up winning the main prizes, don't seem to have tracked by the programme at all. :lol:

My favourite lines -
"Where is...?" "
"I don't know she was here for the lecture this morning though..."

Ahhh memories..

But it also gave me the impression you won the Rome junket at the end of your first year (?) Does this mean you took a break from the RCA or only took up the residency after your second year? :?
CAP

Return to Food and general consumption