Hurwundeki Cafe London , cambridge heath road

Hurwundeki Cafe London , cambridge heath road

Postby jasperjoffe » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:28 pm

I googled trendy cafe cambridge heath cafe as I couldnt remember the silly name. This cafe raises the question whether cool dalston london field hipsters really want to go into the service industry, once they have got over the thill of creating estabishments in their own image. There are nice things for children to play with and climb on and ride in the sand outside, but the staff and customers seem mildly annoyed when they have to dodge the little blighters making use of the facilities.

The food and coffee (decent) will give you change from a hundred (cash only si vous plait) if you're lucky. The first time I went the haughty garcon handed me a cap with such care that a whole load of it sloshed over the side, we both looked at it, and he didn't seem to care. The next time I had the temerity to ask for ketchup with my £8 all day breakfast. First coiffed and tattooed man ignored me, then another woman said they'd have it next week. My companion overheard the male waitron complaining about people ruining their wonderful food with disgusting ketchup. Apparently the woman staff person, to her credit, replied she liked ketchup too.

Said breakfast is overcoverd in over large flakes of pepper and too salty. The hollandaise poached egg not bad. The mushrooms flavourless, the sausage and bacon seemed reheated and therefore dehyrdrated. The little pot of bean silly, and not that great. The overall sense if of chaos, and people who don't really want to be here serving you some nice food. Which is fine, who does? But don't start a popular new cafe if you don't actually want to make the people who go there happy.
jasperjoffe
Site Admin

Re: Hurwundeki Cafe London , cambridge heath road

Postby Corr » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:24 pm

oh the shame. I thought this was a garden centre. I am very uncool :(
Corr

Re: Hurwundeki Cafe London , cambridge heath road

Postby Corr » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:26 pm

but now I think about it. Why would there be a garden centre in that location. Oh dear. I'll go in next time im there. Though I noticed that it shut at 6pm. It was rather difficult to find a coffee in that area after 6, i found.
Corr

Return to Food and general consumption